Sunday, July 4, 2010

Half-Naked Sandwich

Gooood morning! ^__^

It's been a warm Independence Day morning, and the day has barely even started! According to weather.com it's due to be in the mid-90's by noon. Yikes! I'm proud of myself for planning ahead and waking up at 7, an hour earlier than usual, to squeeze in a 2 miler. I must admit that it was a tiring run, and on the route back home I was on the verge of a physical breakdown every step of the way. I wonder if it's because I don't stretch before running. I should make it a habit to stretch before, not just after. I don't want to get injured! Or perhaps I was dehydrated? I never usually eat before I run because I hate moving around on a loaded stomach, but I always drink water. It may be that I don't drink enough water. Insufficient hydration topped off with the morning heat would probably make me feel less than excellent! Stupid, stupid me. I'm gonna need to remember to keep my water bottle with me at all times.

I had a refreshing bowl of overnight oats today, again with papaya. Sadly I think we're all out of papaya now, too! Must go grab some more soon. I refuse to let my oats go fruit-less! :D

Now onto the main story. 

It all started a few nights ago when I saw that only a single slice of my fitness bread left. What the heck is a girl to do with one slice? Why, create none other than an...


Open-faced Veggie Burger Sandwich

This one has pretty much the same ingredients as the wrap: hummus, baby spinach, red onion, tomato, avocado. First I toasted the bread and spread on the hummus.




Meanwhile as I was prepping the bread foundation and chopping up the other ingredients, my veggie burger was cooking away on the stove top. The kitchen smelled so good!


Then all that was left to do was layer everything, one on top of the other. 




I put black pepper on everything. Can't get enough!





It was so easy to make! And pretty fun to eat. It's funny because I started off with a fork and knife, but ended up just using my hands. Caveman style :) Utter simplicity and stuff-your-mouth tastiness!

And by the way, I just finished making these adorable dessert balls. I'll start off by saying that they are 100% raw and gluten-free, with no added sugar. Curiously tempted yet? Hehe. If it's a hit, I'll share it in the next few days! 

Enjoy the holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment